Raw Love Chicken Necks
Raw, meaty free-range chicken necks.
IMPORTANT SAFETY STATEMENT
When feeding raw bones, it is important to know your dog and understand his behaviour. To know whether your dog is a ‘gobbler’, or a careful eater. Whether he can pace himself with the bone, or whether you have to intervene and take it away because he’s eating more than is good for him. Or whether he’s chewing and biting it obsessively, hurting his mouth and/or teeth in the process. Get to know how your dog behaves when given a bone. The health benefits of raw meaty bones are significant, but for your dog’s safety it is important to understand what the golden rules are.
We highly recommend the following videos and/or articles for more on the topic:
- Article by Jodie Gruenstern, DVM, CVA, published on the Innovative Veterinary Care website.
- Dr Karen Becker – veterinarian specialising in pet nutrition – discusses important safety rules or “do’s and don’ts” around feeding bones. Video available on YouTube in two parts.
- Dr Karen Becker’s synopsis: 8 Rules for Offering Raw Bones to dogs to make sure your pets are safe.
- Article in the WholeDog Journal updated in March 2020.
- Article by Dana Scott from Dogs Naturally Magazine.
- Article by Dr Conor Brady from DogsFirst.
- Any books by Dr Ian Billinghurst or Dr Tom Lonsdale’s on the subject.